GEMS Metocean & Environmental Technologies (GEMS MET) provides a wide range of environmental, metocean (meteorology & oceanography) and hydrography services worldwide in support of the energy, dredging, coastal development, and other sectors as well as for governments. With recent developments in advanced real-time monitoring technology, GEMS MET is equipped with the tools and experienced personnel necessary to provide innovative and cost effective solutions to clients' requirements.
GEMS MET offers a comprehensive range of services to customers throughout the world. Its team of highly mobile, qualified, experienced personnel can undertake a diverse range of affordable nearshore, hydrographic, geophysical and geotechnical services from shallow vessels or jack up platforms.
GEMS' own in-house developed vertical density profilers are ideally suited for density surveys in ports and harbours across the world as a support to dredging activities and development studies.
GEMS MET personnel have been trained in the different aspects of surveying, data processing and presentation of results. GEMS MET fleet is operated with qualified skippers and boat drivers.
GEMS MET capabilities:
- Single beam and multibeam echo sounder surveys for bathymetric charting in support of engineering and construction projects, navigation surveys and dredging support services.
- Side scan sonar surveys for ports & harbours and development projects.
- Seismic profiler surveys for sand search surveys.
- Geotechnical sampling, (drilling, vibrocoring, box coring, drop core).
- Environmental sampling and online monitoring for dredging and coastal development projects.
- Stand alone metocean surveys.
Metocean services include deployment of multiple instrumented seabed frames, deep water wave moorings and current strings, platform- and rig-based real-time systems.
The experienced GEMS MET team can conduct surveys along coastlines and in deepwater. These can be stand-alone metocean surveys or combined with other GEMS services, providing customers with cost effective, multi-disciplinary and fully integrated solutions.
Incorporation of data from metocean and geophysics services into the final geotechnical report provides a fully integrated service.
Metocean & Environmental Services
- Complete environmental integrated survey package
- Provide a range of environmental services
- Environmental impact assessments and baseline studies
- Assist in maintaining ecological stability
- Port and harbour investigations
- Shallow water Geotechnical: CPT, VBC, Drop corer
- Dredging Support
- Nautical and rheology surveys
- Real-time multi-parameter monitoring systems
- Land, port, platform and moored measurement systems
- Coastal to deep water environments
- High quality current profiling, meteorological measurements, waves and water properties
- Suspended solids mapping and transportation
- Sediment flux estimation
- Spill monitoring
- Environmental compliance monitoring
- Site investigations and construction support for:
- Ports and harbours
- Wind farms
- Bridge, tunnel and pipeline crossings
- Landfalls, outfalls, intake systems